Thursday, January 20, 2011

Date #7 Karen

Karen H.: I just said her name outloud and for some reason it made me giggle. So, I'm going to give her points just for that. And just to clear the air, Bachelor Rick, I don't know where the phrase "A rolling stone gathers no moss" comes from either. But I would do just about anything to find out. Seriously.



Date Recap: This second out of towner date starts at Knott's Berry Farm. Is this a good time to admit that my whole life I always thought it was "Knox Berry Farm"? I don't know what Knott's Berries are and I don't know what Knox Berries are, so I never had any reason to believe I was wrong. There you have it. Glad I got that out of the way. So technically, the date didn't start at Knott's/Knox Berry Farm. Bachelor Richard picked her up at an undisclosed location. This girl is from Arizona, so maybe she's staying with family? Anyway, they appear to have good conversation moving from point A to point B and then from point C to point D but even after getting off the Exccelerator they are still standing a good 10 feet apart from each other. If that can't bring you together, what will? Okay, okay, they stopped to talk to the camera man and they have their arms around each other. I'm not sure what ride brought that together but I am for sure going on it the next time I go to Knox Berry Farm. I mean Knotts Berry Farm. Oh, oh, oh! There's a close up of the hand holding. Uh, wait a second. Is she wearing spikes? I guess that explains why Bachelor Rick was keeping his distance. That is all we see of this date, but we know from Bachey Richey's comments that there is more too it. He gets sick. She picks out the right kind of Pepto for him (does it get any sweeter than that?) and then they watch a movie. That's all we know.


First Impression: Bachelor Rick's first impressions of this girl "She's tall and pretty." Our first impression of this girl: she's tall and pretty. We like her maturity and the fact that she applied because she really liked Rick. Wait. Did she even know Rick before? I don't think so. But the attraction reached across the cyberworld and grabbed hold of her tightly. Or something like that. Gotta give her props for having some guts.

Surprises: Karen, we have two comments. 1) Where is your Lexus? BMW? Camry? I can't remember what you drive, but regardless, how are we supposed to judge your chemistry with Bachelor Rick without seeing your cars together!?! Answer: we just can't. I'm sorry. We just can't. 2) No Price Is Right?


Second Date Potential: Moderate. Sure they held hands (even though the first half of their date it appeared they were purposely standing about 17 feet away from each other), but from the whopping three and a half minute video of their date, I just didn't pick up a lot of chemistry vibes going on. Plus, Bachelor Buckster mentioned more than once how long the date was. If you're having fun and want to be with the person, you don't notice how long a date is. In fact, you probably want it to keep going even if it has already been a 16 hour date. Am I right, or am I right? But, on the off chance there IS a date numero dos, Karen, maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you don't speak with a southern accent very often? No? Didn't think so. You should probably steer clear of that on future dates. It kinda made me cringe. Just sayin'. But hey, maybe there's a chance to redeem yourself. AZ isn't that far from CA and maybe you and your cars could meet in the middle?


Creativity Scale (1-10): Hmmm. A 4, maybe? I mean come on, a theme park in Southern California? Been there. Done that.

Final Thoughts: Karen seems like a girl who is in charge. Not large and in charge. Just in charge. She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it. You go girl!

So, are we dead on, or dead wrong? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment