Sunday, January 30, 2011

Date #18: Brittany

Brittany P.: We already know from her application video that she is a huge fan of Batman, rocks out to Justin Timberlake, is skilled at word-play, and is in some secret society for people with black-rimmed glasses that think they are super-heros (Dungeons and Dragons club?). We also learn that she is super cute and obviously has a fun personality. Will that be enough to win over Buckaroo?



Date Recap: Shall I begin with a recap of Mr. Buckaroo's recap? Where he was basically like, you know those marathon dates where you do too many exciting things? This was the exact opposite. Thanks for setting my expectations low, Buckman, so that when I got to the part where you were trying on outfits I was actually entertained. I thought I was going to have to endure 3 minutes of watching you two do nothing but eat and talk about The Jazz and BYU basketball. So, the night starts off with him picking her up (another twinner, yay!) and she explains that they are going out to eat at The Roadkill House. Oh, wait, no, Yarhouse. Oh, wait, I mean The Yard House. Once there they got stuck with a 1.5 hour wait, so I am left wondering if this part was actually even planned out before he asked her what they were doing. ("Oh, right, I am in charge!") Or perhaps the long wait was intended? Otherwise I am not sure what else would have happened besides dinner and then a goodbye hug? That 1.5 hour wait bought us some good time killing scenes while they watched a random restaurant band (what, no dancing to the stoned little drummer boy?), and then the most exciting part of the evening where they walked to a nearby Macy's and tried on mustard tight pants (Baby's Got Buck!), a v-neck Christmas sweater (I'm a little worried that they both actually liked this one), a leopard print dress (did she actually put on those leopard print panties under the dress?), and a Glee outfit. Props for the creative time killing idea. I'm sure they eat some food after this, but then, true to Buck's recap of the non-marathon date (a 3k walk date, perhaps?), the video cuts to some conversation in her parking lot and the walk back to her front door where it all ends with "Well, I had fun!" and a well-I-had-fun hug.

First Impressions: Cute girl who looks even cuter by Rick's side (awwww, those matching glasses are just irresistible!). But they almost seem to get along the way one might get along with a gay friend. Cute together, fun, and good conversation -- and all with the comfort of knowing that it's not going anywhere.

Second Date Potential: Nada. Sorry Brittany, but I think you're going to have to find another guy to think about while you listen to Justin Timberlake. And you deserve a good one, but after seeing the sparks fly in previous dates, and zero hand-holding action here, I would be a very puzzled professional TMB analyst and resign from my job here at Reality Mormon if I am wrong on this one.

TMB Excitement Level: Oh, I am still excited! Over the tight pants, that is. Not so much from any love-connection on this date.

Date Creativity: Well, the date was dinner at a restaurant, right? I sense that there was something extra special about this one, but besides the spaced out drummer guy, I wasn't sure what else was going on there besides food. Since the most creative part -- the Macy's fashion show -- was his idea, I don't think this one even makes the charts. Perhaps she was trying to be different by going opposite the stereotypical Mormon marathon date, which inherently makes it the opposite of creative.

Final Thoughts: Let's see, their final thoughts on the interview were about which of the Jonas Brothers they would most like to date. And I think it is fair to say that the likelihood of them dating one of the Jonas Brothers exceeds the likelihood that they will date each other. But, I really hope they do continue to keep in touch through that secret society of super-hero black rimmed glasses wearers. Maybe as a superhero he will have a good excuse to hop back into the tight pants and she into that leopard print dress. Hot.

1 comment: